College & Career Planning
Getting into a college is like approaching any other goal in life that’s important: it takes hard work, commitment and attention to dates and details. The resources on this page are designed to help students navigate their post high school options, with information on college admissions testing, the college application process, choosing a college and possible major, career research, alternative post high school options and more.
The College and Career Center provides many valuable services to our students, including:
- Extracurricular activity ideas (internships, volunteer opportunities, summer programs, part-time jobs);
- Research on colleges, preparation for college fairs and help creating a balanced college list;
- College Essay feedback (UC Personal Insight Questions, Common Application essays and college specific supplemental essays);
- General college application support (help/advice on applications, major selection);
- Resume reviews/feedback;
- Appointments for one-on-one meetings with student (and parents, if needed);
- Workshops on preparing for college, essay topics, college lists and writing the “Why” essay;
- Access to resources for the college application process (books, handouts, presentations);
- Information about other career pathways outside of college; and
- Information about Community College (degree/certificate programs and transfer agreements to 4-year universities).
Questions? Stop by the College & Career Center and speak with Mrs. Lund. We are here to help all students!
College & Career Advisor
M/W/F: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Tu/Th: 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.