Guidance & Student Support
The purpose of the Guidance Program is to assist students with their academic planning so they can take full advantage of a range of options upon graduation from high school. FUHSD’s Guidance Teams at each site generally include Certificated Guidance Counselors, College and Career Advisors and Administrators. These team members are often the first point of contact for students and families seeking information about FUHSD’s high schools. The majority of guidance services are delivered through group presentations in the classroom or in evening presentations for students and their families. Guidance presentations occur throughout the year at each site with topics that include choosing a college and career, financial aid and course selection. The Guidance Team is available to students and their families for individual appointments for support with:
- College to career planning (including a 4-year plan toward graduation);
- Facilitating positive, collaborative relationships with peers and teachers;
- Navigating the high school experience (including time management, involvement in extracurricular activities, self-advocacy, volunteer and internship opportunities); and
- Social emotional wellness.
The College and Career Advisors are the point of contact for college representatives, military recruiters, volunteer and internship opportunities. They also organize our district’s College Fair each fall. College and Career Advisors support Naviance, our district’s college and career planning tool, which provides students with personalized surveys and customized career and college exploration resources.
- Tuesday Office Hours (1:15 to 2:45 pm)
- Wednesday Office Hours (1:00 to 1:45 pm)
- Friday Office Hours (1:15 to 2:45 pm)